Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cougars at the Prom

Here's a first for me: Going to the Prom. I wasn't ever planning on going. In fact it was quite the opposite. I was planning on making it through my high school years without attending any of the school dances. I'm not trying to be anti-social, or a non-conformist or anything like that, it's just not my thing. I'd rather do something else with my time I suppose. Anyway, friends convinced me to go, so I am, but by default. We're going as "cougars" (as our English teacher was excited to find out) taking some younger men with us. Is that what they call ladies who date younger men? Cougars? It must be, because when another English teacher came in to eavesdrop, she picked up on the cougar term right away adding that "Demi would be proud." I don't know the first thing about preparing for a dance like this, but after next week I will be a pro. I am in Galena for the weekend and today we took a ride into Iowa to the Target where I picked up some new music. Classics this time; Thriller, some Elton John, Earth Wind & Fire, and some more recent stuff. After we went to the Chinese buffet next door, Great Dragon, some good cheap eats. For some reason we can't help but always eat there after visiting Target. I don't have any exciting pictures or drawings this time, but I feel like I will after the dance...

No comments: