Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've Gone to Graceland...

A fun place to visit for a couple days: good ol' Memphis Tennessee. Farthest south I have ever been. I experienced a whirlwind tour of the city complete with Beale Street, watching semi-hollow bodies and double necks being put together at the Gibson factory, and gettin' my Elvis on at none other than Graceland itself. Holly smokes, not to mention that thick as molasses Tennessee twang, doesn't sound real. Hannah Montana is no faker! I added some to my music collection as well. Bluesy, soulful, dirty, southern, you know, the Memphis sound. I even found my long sought after "What It Is!" box set of Funky Soul and Rare Grooves compilations. The Stax and Sun recording studios were fun to visit, I'm a true "Soul Man". Plus I got to scope Mr. Isaac Hayes'- the original pimp- Cadillac complete with 24 karat gold outer hardware, white fur trimmings on the inside, mini bar, TV, and blue suede interior. Bling in its purest form.

1 comment:

Penny Lane said...

oh man oh man!!

the "WHAT IT IS!" box set...

i think i just peed myself, no really...i think i did....

damn girl you gonna get me some of that? come on now hook a sister up!